5 sensational facts about Mammootty
Muhammad Kutty Paniparambil Ismail better know by his stage name Mammootty was born on 7th September 1951. In 1998 he was awarded the Padma Shri for his contribution to cinema. #Mammootty has won three National Film Awards, five Kerala State Film Awards, thirteen Filmfare Awards, eleven Kerala Film Critics Awards. The dashing actor is known for his charm and his power-packed performance. In a career spanning over four decades, he has starred in 350 films, in Malayalam, English Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and Tamil. Here are some amazing facts about the actor.
1. When he’s not acting Mammootty is busy being a farmer. You read that right! Mammootty’s father was an agriculturalist and Mammootty drew inspiration from him developed an interest in agriculture. He owns 20 acres of our paddy field in Kottayam, Kerala and in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. He also owns 50 acres of a cardamom estate in Munnar.
2. Mammootty has acted in 120 films in a span of four years between the years 1983 to the year 1986. It is reported that between the period 1983, 1984 and 1985, he acted in 34 films each; and in the year 1986, he acted in 35 films.
3. Mammootty and his son Dulquer Salmaan are directors of Rhea Healthcare. The company has been promoted by Mammootty’s family members. It operates under the name Motherhood, a birthing center in Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore.
4. For those of you who aren’t avid Malayalam cinema movie buffs, we have an eye-opening fact! Did you know that Mammootty has acted as Mohanlal’s father in a film? We’re sure you are surprised. The actor played the role of Mohanlal’s father in the year 1982 in the film Padayottam. Mammootty was only in his 30s back then.
5. If not an actor, Mammootty would have been a Lawyer by profession. Quite interesting, isn’t it?
Did you like reading these facts about Mammootty? Let us know in the comments section below.