10 lesser known facts about 2.0
Director Shankar‘s 2.0 starring superstar Rajinikanth and Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is India’s most expensive film till date, yet. With a budget of close to 600 crores, 2.0 is the sequel to the Shankar and Rajinikanth’s 2008 film Enthiran. With the Tamil trailer of 2.0 alone raking in 12 million views, it is safe to say that the expectations from this sci-fi film are high. Produced by Lyca Productions, Karan Johar is presenting the film in Hindi. Apart from these well-known facts, here’s what else you need to know about the film.
1. After the initial few hectic days, Rajinikanth decided to quit as he wasn’t physically fit! He even spoke to director Shankar and producer Subaskaran.
2. Shankar insisted that he complete the shoot and motivated him to do so. Shubaskaran held his hand and said ‘I can’t imagine doing this movie without you. Take a break for four months or even four years, there is no 2.0 without you”.
3. 67-year-old Rajinikanth’s bodysuit weighted about 12-14 kgs and he had to shoot in Delhi’s hottest weather. Such a professional, isn’t it?
4. During the shoot of the film, Rajinikanth injured his leg so much that it was two inches deep, and the team was unaware of it. He insisted that he complete the shoot. He was later rushed to the hospital.
5. Akshay Kumar’s prosthetic make-up took about four hours. He calls it his toughest film till date.
6. Over 25 VFX studios have worked for 2.0.
7. The film was initially not meant to have songs. However, as the shoot proceeded music director A. R. Rahman and Shankar decided to add songs.
8. A new sound technology named 4DSRL has been introduced by Oscar-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty in this film. Which means the sound speakers will be below one’s feet in theatres. 4DSRL stands for Shankar-Resul-Lyca.
9. Apparently, Kamal Haasan, Aamir Khan, Vikram, Hrithik Roshan, and even Arnold Schwarzenegger were approached for Akshay Kumar’s role in the film.
10. 2.0 is the first Indian film to be shot entirely in 3D.