5 Facts you need to know about Kayamkulam Kochunni
11th October may seem like just another date. But for fans of Nivin Pauly and Malayalam cinema, this is the release date of the much-awaited film Kayamkulam Kochunni. Directed by Rosshan Andrrews, this a period drama based on the life of a highway robber, Kochunni who took from the rich and gave it to the poor. Apart from Nivin Pauly, the film stars Mohanlal in an important cameo. The film also stars Priya Anand who plays the female lead. Want more details from the film? Then read on to known some facts.
1. Nivin Pauly initially planned on training kalari (Kalaripayattu training) for his role in the film. However, since this martial art form requires immense training, and Nivin just returned from the shoot of Hey Jude, he had limited time to prepare.
2. The film has been shot on a budget of 45 crores, making it the most-expensive Malayalam films ever made.
3. Writers Bobby and Sanjay researched nearly two years on the film’s story. The shoot was shot extensively for a period of nine months. A commendable effort, isn’t it?
4. This isn’t the first time Kayamkulam Kochunni has been made. In 1966, PA Thomas made a film of the same name.
5. Initially, Amala Paul was approached to play the role of Janaki. However, she opted out citing date issues and Priya Anand was roped in for the role.
Are you waiting to watch Kayamkulam Kochunni? Let us know in the comments section below.