Ajith Kumar is one of Kollywood’s most loved heroes. The actor is fondly addressed as ‘Thala’ by his admirers and has been charming the audience ever since he made his debut in the year 1990. Although he comes from a non-filmy background, Ajith has emerged as one of the most successful stars in the Indian film industry, winning accolades and awards. On the occasion of his 47th birthday, here are some interesting facts about the actor.
1. Popularly known as Thala, Ajith He made his debut with the film En Veedu En Kanavar (1990) in an uncredited role. However, he got his big break after his appearance in the film Aasai (1995).
2.From then on the actor has gone on to act in over 55 films in his career.
3. Ajith’s success to stardom wasn’t an easy one. In an interview, Ajith described the journey as a long and lonely one.
4. Ajith dropped out of school to work as a mechanic as he had a passion for biking. He initially began modeling to support himself financially.
5. He got paid a sum of Rs. 390, for his role in the film Amaravathi.
6. Now, Ajith is one of the highest paid actors in South India. It is reported he charges a whopping 25 crores per film.
7. Forbes listed Ajith as the 27th Highest paid celebrities in 2017.
8. Ajith fell in love with his Amarkalam co-star, Shalini and tied the knot in the year 2000. They have a daughter named Anoushka and a son named Aadvik.
Happy Birthday, Thala Ajith! Keep charming us.