6 Lesser known facts about Vikram
”There was a 10-year struggle about which people asked how I managed and never gave up. I just say, my blood group, B+”. – Vikram
We truly believe that there is no actor other than Vikram that follows the mantra ‘don’t give up’. He started his career as a theatre artist, and later went on to become a dubbing artist. However, the path that led him to become an actor wasn’t easy. If you are a fan of Vikram, then you would surely know about the actor’s journey to Tamil cinema. But what most of us don’t know is how persistent he was in reaching his goal. From winning the National Award to winning the hearts of people, Vikram has often been appreciated by people of all ages. So much so that he is now known to us as the Man Of Steel. Here are some lesser-known facts about the actor.
1. Vikram made his debut with the film En Kadhal Kanmani in the year 1990.
2. Although Vikram is fluent in Malayalam, he made his Malayalam movie debut in the year 1993, with the film Dhruvam. The film starred Mammootty in the lead role. It also starred Suresh Gopi and Jayaram in pivotal roles.
3. After starring in nearly 23 films in three languages, namely, Tamil, Telugu, and Malayalam; and after being for nine years in the industry, Vikram had his breakthrough role with the film Sethu in the year 1999. The film won Vikram positive response from audience and critics alike. He won the Filmfare Special Jury Award and Tamil Nadu State Film Award Special Prize.
4. Did you know that Vikram dubbed for Ajith Kumar in his debut film Amaravathi (1993) and Paasamalargal (1994).
5. Vikram was a part of films Kadhalan (1994), VIP (1997) and Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000). Wondering how? Before he became a well-known name Vikram has dubbed for Prabhu Deva and Abbas.
6. Apart from undergoing a physical transformation in the film I (2015), Vikram also wore heavy prosthetic makeup, which gave him a rash so severe that he developed flaky skin.
Despite it all, Vikram still went on to conquer the hearts of several with his distinct performance and his films. Do you like the actor? Let us know what you think.